Operates equipment and performs essential duties on the job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operation of light and heavy duty equipment.
- Maintains preventive maintenance and minor repairs on equipment.
- Maintains safe working environment
- Assists skilled laborers & laborers when needed
- Fueling & maintain equipment
- Prepares trucks, materials for job
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Keep trucks & equipment clean
- Does daily visual inspections and weekly written inspections when driving vehicles.
- Loads and unloads truck.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil and water and requests repairs as needed.
- Performs emergency roadside repairs such as changing tires, installing light bulbs and tire chains.
- Positions blocks and ties rope around items to secure cargo during transit.
- Makes sure all necessary documents are current in truck i.e. registration, inspection and insurance cards.
- Follow directions from crew leaders and supervisors
- Hand digging and related jobs that require physical labor
- Manual labor- is able to handle heat and cold temperatures
- Responsible to assist with emergencies
- Other duties may as assigned.
Ability to safely excavate and bore near existing utilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to communicate with all crew members.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Competant Person Training, Confined Space/Excavation/CPR Certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.